Next Day Animations has been recognized as a Silver-Level Bicycle Friendly Business from the League of American Bicyclists!
We’ve joined the movement of 1,416 local businesses, government agencies, and Fortune 500 companies across the United States in transforming the American workplace to be more welcoming to our customers and employees who bike. We are proud to support the health and well-being of our community and planet by supporting our staff who choose to bike to and from work.
Next Day Animations joins 75 other new and renewing BFBs in the League’s Spring 2020 round of BFB awards, which includes government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, bike shops, and others across industries, all united in a commitment to transform American workplaces to be more welcoming to customers and employees who bike. The Bicycle Friendly Business award recognizes an organization’s contributions over months and years to the movement to build a Bicycle Friendly America for everyone.
Some ways that Next Day Animations has committed to being a Bicycle Friendly Business include:
- Offering an annual bike tune-up reimbursement benefit
- Providing bike maintenance supplies at the office, as well as tutorials on how to use the supplies
- Participating in local and national bicycling events, like National Bike to Work Day
- Providing safe spaces for bikes to be kept during the workday
- Tracking daily bike commute mileage for team members (More than 3,000 miles company-wide and more than 2,200 in the Twin Cities in 2019)
- Providing Volunteer Time Off (VTO) and information about volunteer opportunities to make streets safer for bikes
These and other initiatives have helped create a culture of bike-positivity in our workplace. Lead Producer Jacqueline Nuzzo shares: “I never thought I’d be a bike commuter! But seeing how most people at the office loved biking definitely inspired me to do so. They made it seem super easy and answered all of my questions about buying a bike, local shops, bike paths near us and maintenance. I learned how to adjust my commute/clothing/how I packed for work, and it was extremely worth it! I feel a lot healthier and also know that I’m traveling in a way that’s better for the environment.”
Learn more about the League’s Bicycle Friendly Business program at bikeleague.org/business. Have feedback on how we can be even more welcoming to people who bike? Let us know!
Bicycle Friendly Business is a Registered Trademark of the League of American Bicyclists; used with permission.