Everyone is using video. Seriously. Have you been on social media lately? Whether it’s infographics about the spread of COVID, explainers on how to put together your new bed, or the internet classic cute animals doing things, people are watching more video than ever before. YouTube has 2 billion monthly users. That’s billion, with a “B”. People love watching videos on the internet. But don’t just take our word for it… here are some quick stats:
- Across all platforms, YouTube reaches more U.S. consumers 18-49 in an average week than all cable TV networks combined
- 92% of marketers say that video is an important part of their marketing strategy
- And 88% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI
- The usual platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram continue to be successful spaces for video, but LinkedIn is emerging as a rich environment for video content. And Tik Tok remains a mostly untapped platform. (Call your Gen Z niece if that sentence made no sense to you.)
Not all videos are created equal. We’ve spent a lot of time making videos, and a lot of time watching them, and there are a few things that make some stand out over others. And with the popularity of videos, you want to make sure yours is standing out and having an effect. Check out our advice on how to make your video stand out on YouTube.
Here are some of our hottest tips for making a share-able video:
- Show, Don’t Tell: Use images, emotions and stories to weave together your case, rather than listing facts or features.
- Make it Accessible: Think about everything from language to location to ability.
- Go Pro with Your Voiceover: Professional Voice Actors are just that: professional. They know how to make your brand look and sound good.
- Make Your Video All About Your Audience… not about you! Sure, you’re making a video to show off your awesome organization. But to really persuade people, they need to see what’s in it for them.
- Go Custom: When producing an animation, you will at some point make a decision between custom and cookie cutter. While cookie cutter might save you money, it will also do little to set you apart..
- Keep it Simple: Break down your content into the most important nuggets of info, data, or meaning. Multiple videos to explain the most important things is so much more effective than a 20-minute explainer packed to the brim with details that people don’t really need to know.
Don’t miss out on the video marketing trend! Because we have a hunch it’s… not a trend. Technology, remote work and school, and new social media platforms are all making video a more standard and integrated part of people’s lives. So no matter who you’re talking to, chances are you’ll want to do it with video.