First things first: what exactly is a “startup”? While there’s no formal definition, there are tons of theories about just what makes a company a “startup.” Some argue that startup status is based on size, age, and revenue. Others insist being a startup is a state of mind that informs the culture.
Let’s keep things simple: if your organization is fairly small, fairly new, fairly in the “figuring things out” or “getting off the ground” stage, then you are a startup in our book. Startups often are tech-oriented businesses — but don’t have to be! Social ventures, non-profits, and small businesses in the early stages may very well be startups too.
Now that we’ve got definitions out of the way, let’s get to the heart of the matter. Startups and Whiteboard Animations go together like PB and J. There are so many reasons that these two things are such a compatible pair.
Let’s start by thinking like a startup. What are the big challenges one might face?
How do you make a big impact on a small budget?
How do you create compelling marketing materials when you have a million other things to do?
How do you create a recognizable brand that is unique, appealing, and true to yourself?
How do you get conversions and drive growth???
Startups can get a ton of mileage from a whiteboard animation. As a new business, you need to make decisions that are cost-efficient and get you the most bang for your buck. Creating a whiteboard animation has innumerable benefits for a young company:
- $$$. Whiteboard Animations are much cheaper than a traditional live-action video, and just as effective (if not more so). Video marketing is crucial these days, so invest in a solid video that’ll get your message out there and keep viewers engaged.
- Time. If you are running or helping to run a new business, chances are there are about a million things on your to-do list. By working with a partner studio (like yours truly) to create an animation, you are saving yourself countless hours that you can devote to keeping your business running and thriving.
- Branding. You are the expert on your product or service, and we are experts at creating animations and writing scripts. Even if you are still figuring out exactly who you are as a company, an animation can help you make those decisions and communicat your brand beautifully with the world.
- Endless marketing utility. Whiteboard animations are versatile. You can use them across platforms: social media, email, website, blogging, paid advertising, in person meetings, you name it. With this one piece of marketing collateral, you’ll have access to dozens of digital marketing opportunities.
- Recognition/Memorability. After someone sees your video, you want them to remember you. Your business is small and needs something sticky to get into people’s heads, and gets them thinking about you — and talking about you to their friends. A whiteboard animation will help you stand out and make an impression on potential customers.
- Results. What you need is for people to take action – whether it’s to invest in your Kickstarter, buy your product, or share your video. Animations drive action by keeping viewers engaged and helping the audience make visual and auditory connections about the benefits you provide. With a strong call to action, an animation can truly help you grow your business.
Building a new business is hard. Whiteboard animation is a simple, effective marketing tool with dozens of uses that will help move your organization forward without breaking the bank. For new entrepreneurs, it’s a match made in heaven. How will your startup benefit from a whiteboard animation?