Valentine’s Day may have passed, but in the world of nonprofits, the romance continues year round. There are grassroots campaigns, galas, grants, donor dinners–I could go on.
In romancing their base, NGOs are up against some unique challenges:
- Not enough time. St. Valentine was a martyr, and sometimes nonprofits require a similar unwavering dedication to the cause––which can make work-life balance challenging.
- Small budget. You’re at the whim of the grant cycle and donors, so your budget can fluctuate year to year. You need to invest your marketing to create stability and make the best use of your resources.
- Crucial messages full of complicated information. Often nonprofits have the double burden of explaining not only what they do, but why it’s important. They’re fighting lack of information and misinformation about everything from legislation to human trafficking to the science of organic food.
We can’t solve everything on that list, but we can offer explainer videos complete with digital chocolates and roses–made with free range organic pixels.
Our campaigns help create the kind of funding that makes your work more sustainable and your time more flexible. And they’re made to work with a nonprofit budget. Through partnering with NGOs ranging from the national to the hyperlocal, we’ve learned a few things about what makes a good Nonprofit Campaign.
Here’s our list:
- Branding. Use your colors, characters, and voice to connect with your audience! Don’t have all these things figured out yet? We create custom illustrations that can be used for campaigns for years to come, and we work with you to help develop and refine your voice.
- Pacing. Consistency is key. Whether through email, social media, television, or wizarding owl, your audience will know what to expect and when. This means that they won’t feel spammed and will feel excited to check out what you’re up to next. Give your audience a way to engage by asking a question or offering a next step. If you’re building a fundraising campaign or gearing up for an event, build anticipation and transparency by sharing the process. We’ll help you make your message stick and create images that capture attention.
- Action. Always include a clear call to action. When we tell our stories with authenticity, people are moved by our message and excited to help… but they need to know how. Do you want them to go to your website? Repost your message? Make a donation? We’ll help you figure out what’s most useful to your organization and magnify that ask.
Want to find out if we can help you? Give us a call at (202) 747-0404 or fill out the form here.
And finally, Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Next Day Animations! We go together like chickens and knights.
Curious about the chicken knight origin story? Learn the tale here.